ITC vmWare Access Instructions
Accessing the ITC VMware vSphere Web Client
- A video tutorial on the connection to the vmWare infrastructure is located here.
- Open your browser (Firefox is suggested) to https://vcsa.campus.ihitc.net/
- Click on the "vSphere Web Client (Flash)" link on the left side of the page
- NOTE: This link will use Adobe Flash for the web user interface. This does cause issues with some combination of browsers and Adobe Flash versions. If you have a problem you can try using the "vSphere Client (HTML5) - partial functionality" link instead. This is more compatible with browsers and does not use Flash but you are not able to do quite as many things as the Flash client allows.
- NOTE: If you are using the Flash based web client you may need to click in the browser window and click to enable Flash for the site.
- You should be able to log in to the vSphere Web Client using your ITC network credentials (the same ones used to connect to the ITC VPN).
VMware Remote Console Installation
In some, but not all, cases you may need to install the VMware Remote Console (VMRC) software in order to access the local console of your virtual machines. Unless you are prompted that VMRC is required there is no need to install it.
- Download the VMware Remote Console (VMRC) software for your operating system from the VMware download center. You may need to create a VMware account to download the software.
- Install the VMRC software on your computer
- Note: If you receive an error during the installation process you may need to manually run the setup file as an administrator on your computer. To do this on Windows 7/8/10 hold the "Windows Key + S" to open a search box on your system and type cmd. Right click on on the "Command Prompt" program and choose "Run as administrator". Navigate to the directory where you have downloaded the VMRC setup file and run it from the administrative command prompt by typing the name of the file and pressing Enter.
- You should now be able to get console access to any VM which you have permissions for. Navigate to your VM and click the "Summary" tab. Click the screenshot box in the upper left corner or the "Launch Remote Console" link just below the screenshot to setup a console connection to the VM.
- Access: VPN into the ITCnet or connect to an ITCnet port in one of the ITC classroom labs. Open a web browser to https://vcsa.campus.ihitc.net/ and login with your ITC network credentials.